Dead Space 3 will launch with 11 different DLC packs for players who want to speed up the weapon crafting process.
It was recently revealed that there would be in-game micro-transactions in Dead Space 3, so that players could buy extra resources to create weapons.
The DLC packs are separate from the micro-transactions, but they still tie into the crafting system in the form of scavenger bots.
Different packs upgrade different aspects of the bots, such as capacity, personality and speed.
"Everybody will find at least one of these bots in the game (and there are a couple hidden ones to pick up, too.)" Dead Space 3 executive producer Steve Papoutsis wrote in a blog post.
"The Scavenger Bot is an autonomous robot that can harvest resources for you and deliver them to the Tool Construction bench.
"As a replacement for Dead Space 2's credits, resources are a key part of the Dead Space 3 experience, and their placement in the game has been well thought out by our game designers. Whether by looting enemies, opening lockers or exploring the world, you'll find more than enough resources in-game to fully experience DS3 on any difficulty level."
There are also DLC packs that contain new weapons and suits for protagonist Isaac.
The full list of DLC is as follows:
- Bot Capacity Upgrade - $4.99 USD
- Bot Personality Pack - $4.99 USD
- First Contact Pack - Free
- Marauder Pack - $4.99 USD
- Sharpshooter Pack - $4.99 USD
- Tundra Recon Pack - $4.99 USD
- Witness the Truth Pack - $4.99 USD
- Bot Accelerator - $4.99 USD
- Epic Weapon & Resource Pack - $2.99 USD
- Online Pass - $9.99 USD
- Ultra Weapon & Resource Pack - $1.99 USD
- Resource Pack - $0.99 USD